How to Become a ChristianEvery person born has a fundamental flaw that accounts for why making wrong choices comes so easily. The Bible calls this flaw "sin." Sin means to miss the mark of God's requirements. It is disobedience and rebellion against God and His ways.
- "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 (If you have never used a Bible, the name "Romans" is the name of a book within a collection of books called the Bible. You should look at the table of contents page in the Bible to locate Romans. The "3" is the chapter, and the "23" is the verse number within that chapter.
- Sin in our lives causes separation to exist between God and us, and unless something happens to change that, we face the prospect of dying without God.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
- Knowing the absolute worst about us, God sent Jesus to pay the penalty for our sins so that we might be free to receive His gift of eternal life.
"But God commended His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
- What God asks of us is to admit (confess) our sin, repent (turn around) in our minds and lives, and invite Jesus to come into our hearts as Lord (boss), and He will save us (give us His eternal life).
"If you will confess with your mouth that 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
- God promises "eternal life" (a quality of life that begins now) to everyone who will come to Him in simple faith, trust Him for forgiveness, and surrender their will to Him.
"For whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13
A Prayer For Forgiveness
Dear God, I know that I have done wrong and have lived a life that has not pleased you. I now believe that Jesus Christ lived, died and came back to life in order to forgive me and give me His eternal life. I want Him now to come into my heart and save me. Help me now to live a life that pleases you. In Jesus name, Amen.
After you have prayed this prayer, please contact our church office and let us know.